I had a Dream...Craftivity!


I am linking up with Denise, over at Sunny Days in Second Grade, for Show and Tell Tuesday!!
The topic today is MLK Jr.! 
I was at work last night "cutsifying" (real word?) an MLK Jr. packet I had started and used back in January. I even added...wait for it... a CRAFTIVITY! I think I am getting better at them... practice, practice, practice!




What do you think?!
That MLK was a cutie, huh?!

UPDATE: See it in my classroom HERE

Anyways, he is just one of the fun activities I added to my lil packet. 

My fave, fave, fave book to read aloud is Martin's BIG Words by Doreen Rappaport. The last two years my kids even teared up at the end... which causes me to tear up, and we have a sweet little cry fest and talk about how great MLK Jr. really was! It always amazes me the depth of understanding those little 6 year olds have. 
LOVE!
Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

After we read the book aloud and have many in-depth discussions, we create our own book of BIG words. Well, I "cutsified" that too. {Thanks, Nikki from Melonheadz}!


 

They come out pretty adorable last year, but thanks to the makeover, they will be a lot cuter this year.

If you want to check out my packet & craftivity, click HERE or HERE.... or HERE!

(They're all the same link... just didn't want you to miss it) 

;)

6 comments

  1. Very cute craftivity! It will look great on a bulletin board!

    Heather at TeachItToday!
    Enter my big giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE love LOVE it! Thank you :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer... I don't use card stock, but I do use construction paper.. for like everything! Card stock would look great I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Can't wait to use it this year!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top