Throwback Thursday: Writing Through the Seasons!

I am linking up with Cara again to bring you my Throwback Thursday post!
I am leaving Vegas this weekend and I am sitting on my couch in a room with PILES of junk everywhere!!! AHHHHH! I promise when I finally get settled back east, I will have some new, fun info for you!

The post I chose was from Veteran's Day last year and it is my most viewed post EVER! It was when I came out with my Writing Through the Seasons packs! Enjoy!

***

Happy Veteran's Day!!

I am so excited to share my 2 latest and greatest packs with you. Let me just dive "write" in!

I love teaching writing. If you have read previous posts, you know that back in the day, I was horrible at teaching writing. HO-RRI-BLE. Now, I love it! I have just made two common core aligned writing packets to help your students become better writers through the seasons Fall and Winter!


 In each packet, there are fun narrative, informative, and opinion prompts with graphic organizers and writing templates! 

Here are a few of my fave parts from my Fall unit:

 {Roll-a-Story}
Characters and setting version:
This is such a fun, easy writing center, where students roll a character and a setting (page not shown) and write a silly narrative using the two. The students' stories get pretty darn creative!

These are just a few of many different writing prompts & activities!

Some favorites from my Winter pack:


 {Roll-a-Story}
Problem and solution version:
Step 2 - even more creativity involved! Students roll either a problem and come up with a narrative with a fitting solution, or students can roll a solution and come up with the problem. Another great writing center!

Some more prompts and a fun how-to craft!
I send home a packet of hot cocoa and the brainstorming sheet for homework the night before my students complete this activity!
They are available in my TPT store!


Now, I am off to enjoy the rest of my day off!

P.S.

Check out my new Writing Through the Seasons {All Year Long}! pack! This has all 4 seasons bundled for a discounted price!

No comments

Back to Top