Andddd it's over.

Many tears were shed this past week as I wrapped up my last 4 days at school. It has been such a great 3 years of laughing and learning and I will never forget all my students, parents, and colleagues who I had the pleasure of getting to know!

After a few hours of cleaning and packing this is how my day ended yesterday:

My teensy little classroom looking all dark and dingy.

Let's rewind a little bit.

Here is how I spent my last few days with the kids.

Monday:
 we made memory books and I gave the kids their end of the year gifts:

I used the same gifts as last year - water bottles from the dollar store and bunches of smarties!
I also gave out Reagan's free candy awards that were a HUGE hit!

Tuesday:
Game day! I spent the morning cleaning our math tubs and letting the students play all our math games from the year. They reviewed some important math skills and had a blast! After lunch, my kids had brought in their own board game from home and basically had a free-for-all playing all sort of different games with their friends.

Wednesday:
Half-day and last day with kids.
No lunch is served on our last day so I decided to provide breakfast for my kiddos! We had cereal, poptarts, and lots of OJ!! I also laid down some butcher paper and markers for my kids to decorate while I was serving breakfast.


After breakfast we read a few of our favorite stories from the year. Watched an episode of Phineas & Ferb and shared lots of hugs and tears before we left for summer!

I cry every year, but this year was a whole new level of sadness since I will be moving so far away.

Now that this chapter of my life has closed, I will be anxiously awaiting what life has in store for me next. For now, all I know is that we are hoppin' in our little mazda 6 on June 30th to head out for a 8 day, cross-country road trip back to Boston.

It will be a wild and busy summer, but I will be sure to keep this blog updated as much as I can!

For everyone still in school - YOU CAN DO IT - and for everyone else that is already on summer break with me.... Cheers!! I am heading out to the pool with a margarita in hand.

See ya sometime next week ;)






4 comments

  1. What a fun filled and sentimental last week of school. It is one your kiddos will never forget. I love their gifts and the coloring on butcher paper. While it will be undoubtedly sad to leave your school, you are off on a wonderful new adventure back home. I can't wait to hear all about this next chapter in your life!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always sad at the end of the year, but moving makes it even tougher! Our grade level is moving schools next year and I'm trying my best to stay positive with the changes coming! Good luck with your move to Boston!! I'm from NH...I haven't found many bloggers in this area :)

    Happy summer!
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NH! My fiance and I are looking at apartment near the border in NH because it is a heck of a lot cheaper! Love meeting other northeast gals!!

      Delete
  3. It does look sad doesn't it?!?! sad... and dark... and small... wahhhh!

    Thanks for all the love, Colleen!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top